Luck ran out of members of the deadly Boko Haram terrorist sect today as they were brutally massacred during a failed attempt to rescue some captured members detained at Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri.
The sect members drove in a convoy to attack the barrack and also reportedly penetrated the barrack through a river channel at the back of the base.
Sources revealed that the failed attack was initially going on successfully until things turned for the worse as the Nigerian Military which had been caught unawares, quickly mobilized its men to fight back the sect which had then freed some of its members detained at the barrack.
Two military jets were immediately scrambled to ward off the attackers. One military source counted at least 22 corpses lying around in the barrack. The corpses were said to be members of the sect rounded up and killed by soldiers at an army base as they prepared to flee after the attack.
One of the Military Jets dropped bombs on the hoards of terrorist, slaying them as they prepared to escape.
An army source said the sect succeeded in bombing the armory in the barracks causing huge explosions that were heard around the city.
Several soldiers were killed and injured, but the military authorities would not reveal the number of dead or injured soldiers in the attack.
A group of vigilantes known as “Civilian JTF” later swung into action around the university of Maiduguri capturing some of the escaped prisoners and promptly handing them over to the army.
However, Major General Chris Olukolade, Director, Defence Information, said in a press statement Friday afternoon from Abuja that the “pockets of terrorists” were seeking to sack the army detention facility in Maiduguri with intention to free their colleagues, “in a move to boost their depleted stock of fighters.”
Some of the dead victims massacred by the Nigerian Army today included those the Boko Haram terrorists came to rescue, according to General Olukolade, who added that “Many of the terrorists and their weapons have been captured [and that] four soldiers were wounded and are being treated [while] hot pursuits by land and air operations are ongoing along with cordon and search of surrounding localities.”
The defence spokesman suggested that this “terrorists attempt is in response to the intensity of attacks on their strongholds in camps at Talala, Monguzum, Sambisa forests, Gwoza, Mandara mountains as well as the general area of Lake Chad.”
He said the “camps have been destroyed and many insurgents killed.”
See picture of some of the dead terrorist here (GORY GRAPHIC IMAGE)
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org